Wednesday, February 18, 2026

President Trump says there won’t be a ‘second Wave of Attacks’ against Venezuela

In a recent statement, US President Donald Trump announced that he has cancelled the previously planned second wave of attacks against Venezuela, citing the country’s cooperation as the reason behind his decision.

This unexpected turn of events comes after months of tension between the two countries, with the US imposing sanctions on Venezuela’s oil industry and recognizing opposition leader Juan Guaido as the country’s interim president. However, it seems that Trump’s approach towards Venezuela has taken a positive turn, with the President expressing his appreciation for the country’s cooperation.

In his statement, Trump said, “Due to Venezuela’s cooperation, I have decided to cancel the previously expected second wave of attacks against the foreign country.” This announcement has been met with surprise and relief, not only in Venezuela but also in the international community.

The decision to cancel the second wave of attacks is a significant step towards de-escalating the tension between the two countries. It shows a willingness on the part of the US to engage in diplomatic dialogue and find a peaceful resolution to the ongoing crisis in Venezuela.

Trump’s statement also highlights the importance of cooperation in resolving conflicts. By acknowledging Venezuela’s cooperation, the President is sending a message to other countries that the US is willing to work together towards a common goal. This can have a positive impact on the global political landscape and foster better relationships between nations.

The cancellation of the second wave of attacks is also a testament to the efforts of the Venezuelan government in promoting peace and stability in the country. Despite facing economic and political challenges, the government has shown a commitment to finding a peaceful solution to the crisis. This has not gone unnoticed by the US, and Trump’s decision to cancel the attacks is a recognition of Venezuela’s efforts.

The announcement has been met with praise by many, including Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro, who expressed his gratitude towards Trump for his decision. This gesture of goodwill from the US is a positive step towards improving the relationship between the two countries.

Furthermore, the cancellation of the attacks is a relief for the people of Venezuela who have been living in fear of a potential military intervention. The country has been facing a severe economic crisis, and the threat of a military attack only added to the uncertainty and instability. With the cancellation of the attacks, the people of Venezuela can now focus on rebuilding their country and finding a way out of the crisis.

In conclusion, Trump’s decision to cancel the previously planned second wave of attacks against Venezuela is a significant development in the ongoing crisis. It shows a willingness on the part of the US to engage in peaceful dialogue and recognize the efforts of the Venezuelan government towards finding a solution. This decision has the potential to improve the relationship between the two countries and bring about much-needed stability in the region. Let us hope that this marks the beginning of a new chapter in the relationship between the US and Venezuela, one based on cooperation and mutual respect.

Don't miss